My Windows 98 partition, that is. It is deaf and dumb to the internet, but at least it boots. I did learn a few things while attempting to reinstall it.
1. You reboot. A lot.
2. If you're not rebooting it, it is rebooting itself
3. Windows 98 does not like being installed over a damaged copy of itself.
4. format c: fixes that problem.
5. It's a good thing I didn't have any important data on that partition.
6. Partition Magic is a very useful tool to have around.
7. So is Boot Magic.
8. It's gonna take a long time to download and reinstall all the security patches from the past seven years.
9. See #1 above.