Thursday, July 07, 2005

To Our Friends in the UK

I wish for just one day I could be eloquent, but once again words seem to fail me. I just want to offer my condolences and prayers for those killed and injured by today's act of jihadi barbarism in London, as well as the their families and the people of the UK. I've been to London more than once, and am saddened by what has happened to the people of one of the greatest cities of the world.

I think most Americans recognize and value the relationship we have with the UK, and this American will stand with you. We will expect our government to stand with you as well and provide whatever assistance we can, if requested.

I don't pretend to understand what motivates the people who commit these kinds of acts, acts so vile as to be beyond the word criminal. How they can choose to deliberately murder the innocent, the defenseless, people just trying to live their daily lives is beyond my ken. So is the idea that God will praise them for it. I think the rat bastards who did this will find Allah's reaction to their acts a bit disappointing when the reckoning comes due, but I digress. There is a disease in the body Islamic right now, and I think it will be a long time before it burns itself out. We here of the west cannot cure the spiritual sickness manifesting itself in a great religion, that can only be done by the Muslim majority who do not think it appropriate to plant bombs in subways and fly airplanes into buildings. We will however have to learn how to cope with the phenomenon until it burns itself out in futility and failure.

No comments: